Did your school miss out on the Prop 39 gravy train? Here’s the next best thing. 3fficient has secured access to federally backed, ZERO interest loans for energy saving upgrades engineered and implemented by 3fficient. Each district is eligible for a cap of $3 million dollars for energy projects. Here’s the catch:
- Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Half of the ranking is based on % of students on free and reduced meals. The higher the better. That’s where you shine!
- The other half of the ranking is based on total energy savings as provided by a professional energy audit* originated or peer reviewed by 3fficient. The higher the cost savings, the better. That’s where we shine!
*An energy audit requires review and compilation of utility meter data, engineering site visits to verify existing conditions and then professional calculations to accurately calculate energy and cost savings.
Eligible energy upgrades are as follows:
- Interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment.
- Energy management systems and equipment controls.
- Pumps and motors.
- Building envelope and insulation.
- Energy generation including renewable energy (e.g., photovoltaic systems (PV)), ground-source heat pumps, and combined heat and power projects (co-generation) with renewable fuel.
- Load shifting projects, such as thermal energy storage or batteries.
This is a great opportunity for schools to upgrade their district risk free. At 3fficient, we specialize in engineering energy efficiency projects that are specific to winning such competitive loans through our SmartZero Program. By crafting a project for highly qualified school’s we can help apply, win and implement the renovations and upgrades your school buildings need at zero cost and zero risk to the district with potential for zero net energy.
Application deadline is May 31st, 2019. So don’t delay? Let us do the heavy lifting! We’ll conduct the audit, complete the paperwork, and work diligently to ensure you are implementing quality solutions that will help make your district more efficient, resilient, and competitive amongst its peers. All paid from savings.