Cal Offset Printers
This facility is a large, industrial printing plant with water-cooled printing presses. Energy cost fluctuations are very challenging for operations and profitability.
Among other low cost measures, this project included a free-cooling installation that permits the use of cooling tower water to cool the presses directly (instead of an expensive chiller) when outdoor wet-bulb conditions are appropriate.
- Energy and Demand Management Audit
- Schematic Design
- Energy Savings: 78 kW; 592,096 kWh/yr; 38,600 Therms/yr
- Emissions Savings: 963,747 lbs CO2 (GHG); 1,123 lbs NOx (smog); 1,113 lbs SO2 (acid rain)
- Equivalent to planting 1,436 trees each year
- Equivalent to not driving 1,054,191 miles in a car annually
- Equivalent to powering 53 large homes with renewable energy