505 N Brand
This class A commercial building, located in Glendale California was built very efficiently for its time. However, the property manager realized that with changing technologies and rising energy costs, they needed to investigate improvements. They wanted unbiased guidance, so they utilized the services of 3FFICIENT’s engineers.
3FFICIENT staff analyzed their energy use and provided an investment grade engineering study that would later be used for a complete building retrofit.
This project, completed in 2002, was an energy efficient retrofit of a 312,000 square foot, 15-story office building. Retrofits included: lighting upgrades, low-e window film, condenser water reset, EMCS programming. This $480,000 project yielded a 28% return on investment.
- Annual Energy Savings: 217 kW; 1,542,100 kWh
- Annual Emissions Savings: 1,340,257 lbs CO2 (GHG); 2,563 lbs NOx (smog); 2,900 lbs SO2 (acid rain)
- Equivalent to planting 1,997 trees each year
- Equivalent to not driving 1,466,034 miles in a car annually
- Equivalent to powering 137 large homes with renewable energy
“Good job guys. The project was completed ahead of schedule and no change orders. Even when a tenant complained about a minor issue, you really stepped up to the plate and made them very happy…” Darla Szala