Here you’ll find training and resources for items you’ve purchased:
LIQUID WINDOW INSULATION INSTALLATION
Purpose: This guide is for training of commercial installers. This was written to reduce / eliminate logistical problems associated with the Liquid Nanotint application process and minimize customer disruptions.
- Data log the room temperature with automated monitoring sensor(s) 1-2 weeks before applying Nanotint for baseline temperature readings (Kestrel Data logger, Drop D2). This is optional for quantitative analysis of the room temperature reduction.
- Determine when area to be coated can be completely vacated during application and 12 hours after completion of application process. Night and weekend applications are common.
- Determine when temperature (5-35°C) and relative humidity (<70%) are within or below specification respectively.
- Coordinate with building facilities to shut off airflow systems during application (prevents dust from being blown onto liquid Nanotint).
- Determine if ladders or platforms will be needed to access windows.
- Determine the number of windows that can be coated in the allowed time frame. Windows over 2m2 in area will need 2 people working in tandem.
- Determine the amounts of Nanotint, hardener and rollers that are needed for the entire job and each day of work if the project is large enough.
- Locate a table in the staging area to mix chemicals and load up the roller.
- Locate an exterior dumpster / trash bin for waste disposal. Do not leave waste the building due to the continued outgassing of volatile species.
Prior preparation to coating (can be done by customer):
- Access preparation: Move furniture, window shades, personal effects, etc.
- Preliminary cleaning: Clean up windows frames, vacuum floors, scrape windows, etc., so Nanotint will not be contaminated.
- Set up table(s) for supplies, tools, scale, chemicals, mixing, etc.). Get materials organized in advance since mixed chemicals and the application process has limited time.
- Clean the window thoroughly and install per the Installation Instruction Manual. See video overview of installation (after clean and prep).
- Remove masking tape 1 hour after the application process is completed. Removing tape too early risks Nanotint contamination or smearing, while removing too late results in difficult removal of masking tape from dried Nanotint.
- Gather waste materials such as used Nanotint bottles, mixing cups, and masking materials into trash bags. Dispose of these materials in exterior trash bins.
- Replace furniture, window blinds and personal items.
- After drying is complete, turn airflow systems on (building facilities manager).
- Data log the room temperature again for comparison to pre Nanotint application results (optional).
After completion, show customer and forward results to 3fficient for certification.