With energy as one of the largest cost centers for any enterprise and the energy market in a state of turmoil, now is a critical time to seek wise counsel and retain 3fficient for your energy planning advice. Whether you have a large or small portfolio, an energy master plan (EMP) can save millions in misdirected expenses while preventing loss of life and equipment. It can also generate millions of dollars in economic benefits.
While the scope of an EMP varies depending on motivations, we found that a comprehensive plan provides the greatest long-term value for any long term owner like public agencies, commercial and industrial REITs. 3fficient has the expertise and experience to look across an organization or community and identify holistic critical planning and operational strategies that avoid costly mistakes.
Interestingly, procurement, metering, management, infrastructure, transit, and buildings all offer options for improving energy efficiency, clean energy, resiliency, and security. A 3fficient master plan will identify immediate savings and provide a durable or living financial model to enable clear actions based on variable market conditions. For example, an Indian tribe in Utah lost out on millions in economic stimulus before retaining 3fficient. With 3fficient’s master plan, they now have a roadmap to economic independence with all the triggers needed to take action as market conditions change.
3fficient uses a proven six-step process to ensure we meet our clients’ goals while maximizing value:
- Project scoping and goal setting. With all stakeholders present, all hopes, expectations, and goals for the EMP are put on the table.
- Baseline assessment. This step includes gathering data on utility bills, energy management systems, audits, infrastructure reports, and renewables potential studies to characterize an organization’s annual energy and water consumption into a report form.
- Identify potential opportunities. A thorough baseline and (if data is available) benchmarking report will help identify potential projects, but it is equally important to get client input on this step.
- Develop the project recommendations. Developing cost estimates is essential to this step. We ask clients to provide feedback to find projects that align with their budgets and energy goals.
- Develop the implementation plan. An implementation plan will answer: What are the project delivery methods? How will they be funded? Who will develop designs? What is the schedule for completion? What are key thresholds to trigger certain decisions or alternate paths.
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate progress. This is a step that’s often skipped. However, the key tasks of monitoring, measuring, and evaluation let you know whether your projects are achieving your most important goals—and offer insights to address any shortcomings.
Organizations that implement these steps—whether for energy master planning, sustainability planning, or for other forms of clean-energy planning—will find real value from their efforts. 3fficient can provide the services you need to guide you through your own risk assessments and energy master planning efforts.
Professional Service Terms & Conditions Apply.