The energi seedling is a hands-on educational experience for understanding, constructing and managing renewable energy systems. This complete kit includes hardware and curriculum. The energi seedling was developed for school teachers and students with curriculum for grades 4-12. The seedling is easy to assemble or disassemble in class or outdoors and ideal for hands-on learning.
- Easy to assemble benches with quick release connectors
- Five blade, wind turbine rated at 100 watts
- Four 15-watt solar panels mounted on the durable leaves
- USB charging capabilities
- LED lighting
- Data sensors for monitoring weather, air quality and more through intuitive smart phone app
- Easy to understand assembly instructions
- NGSS Curriculum
Downloadable (after purchase), curriculum designed for: 4th/5th grade, middle school and high school. Includes teacher guides complete with implementation strategies written to NGSS standards. Topical teaching includes:
- Energy systems
- The electric grid and the value of Microgrids and Nanogrids
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Wind energy
- Energy Storage. How do batteries work with solar and wind?
- Biomimicry and weather
- Data monitoring and citizen science
- Capstone project: design an energy system for your community.
Broader learning opportunities:
- Product development
- Construction skills
- Climate change and adaptation