Oil fouling of heat transfer surfaces causes significant performance and capacity degradation on air conditioning and refrigeration units. According to ASHRAE, performance is degraded by 30% (7% the first year, 5% the second and 2% per year the following years. Ref: 1998 ASHRAE Refrigeration Handbook, Chap. 2.9). On 20-year old systems, higher losses of up to 40% have been observed.
- Oil Fouling creates a “permanent” insulating barrier of compressor oil inside the inner walls of refrigeration tubing. This is the opposite of intended function of heat transfer surfaces.
- Due to the insulating properties of the compressor oil, heat transfer in the refrigeration tubing is impeded.
- This insulating barrier can degrade system performance by more than 30%, causing the system to run longer, increasing energy costs.
3fficient uses a 3-part synthetic refrigerant additive that eliminates oil fouling and is fully insured against damage.
- Catalyst 1 improves efficiency of heat exchange by removing oil fouling and preventing it from reforming, bringing efficiencies and system capacity back up to near original specifications.
- Catalyst 2 causes refrigerant to extract more heat faster and more efficiently. Helping the system reach set-point faster, thereby decreasing equipment run time, resulting in better comfort, longer equipment life and lower energy costs.
- Advanced Lubricity Compound mixes with existing compressor oils and improves lubricity by 54% (per SAE test results).
In most systems, this service is installed once and lasts for the life of the system.
3fficient’s proprietary product is a non-toxic, non-hazardous, green technology not harmful to metals or rubber O-rings and gasket materials. It has complete compatibility with all compressor oils and refrigerants according to Intertek Laboratory test results.
This service has been successfully provided in thousands of machines for over 15 years without a single claim. 3fficient will include a one year warranty on any compressor installed by us.