Here you’ll find training and resources for items you’ve purchased:
LIQUID WINDOW INSULATION INSTALLATION
Purpose: This guide is for training of commercial installers. This was written to reduce / eliminate logistical problems associated with the Liquid Window Insulation application process and minimize customer disruptions. Follow the instruction manual if there are any conflicts.
- Data log the room temperature with automated monitoring sensor(s) 1-2 weeks before applying Nanotint for baseline temperature readings (Kestrel Data logger, Drop D2). This is optional for quantitative analysis of the room temperature reduction.
- Determine when area to be coated can be completely vacated during application and 12 hours after completion of application process. Night and weekend applications are common.
- Determine when temperature (5-35°C) and relative humidity (<70%) are within or below specification respectively.
- Coordinate with building facilities to shut off airflow systems during application (prevents dust from being blown onto liquid Nanotint).
- Determine if ladders or platforms will be needed to access windows.
- Determine the number of windows that can be coated in the allowed time frame. Windows over 20 SF (2m2) in area will need 2 people working in tandem.
- Determine the amounts of Nanotint, hardener and rollers that are needed for the entire job and each day of work if the project is large enough.
- Locate a table in the staging area to mix chemicals and load up the roller.
- Locate an exterior dumpster / trash bin for waste disposal. Do not leave waste in the building due to the continued outgassing of volatile species.
Prior preparation to coating (can be done by customer):
- Access preparation: Move furniture, window shades, personal effects, etc.
- Preliminary cleaning: Clean up windows frames, vacuum floors, scrape windows, etc., so Nanotint will not be contaminated.
- Set up table(s) for supplies, tools, scale, chemicals, mixing, etc.). Get materials organized in advance since mixed chemicals and the application process has limited time.
- Degrease clean the window thoroughly using the supplied degreaser cleaner. Wipe off and check for hydrophylic properties with clean spray bottle.
- Mix materials. Use a small measuring scale and carefully follow instructions for mixing. Safety note. It is always good practice to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when mixing any chemicals. Long sleeves, gloves, eye protection and respirator.
- Prime glass and install per the installation instructions (see downloads below). Watch this example video by one of our partners.
- Remove masking tape 1 hour after the application process is completed. Removing tape too early risks Nanotint contamination or smearing, while removing too late results in difficult removal of masking tape from dried Nanotint.
- Gather waste materials such as used Nanotint bottles, mixing cups, and masking materials into trash bags. Dispose of these materials in exterior trash bins.
- Replace furniture, window blinds and personal items.
- After drying is complete, turn airflow systems on (building facilities manager).
- Data log the room temperature again for comparison to pre Nanotint application results (optional).
After completion, show customer and email closeup pictures or video to 3fficient for certification.